Monday 30 January 2012

Thorntons franchise for £1k

So I hear that troubled chocolatier Thorntons is to reduce its franchsie fee next month down to just £1,000. Yes £1,000! In 2010 this figure stood at £15,000. The chocolate retailer is also bringing in a smaller retail format that could be a chocolate shop within a shop.

Will businesses rush at the opportunity and help to re-invent the Thorntons brand? Could it work to have a small area of your store developed into a Thorntons concession?

I personally thoroughly enjoy many of Thornton's lovely chocolates but I fear that they need to do a bit more to their image and their exclusivity to re-invent themselves. Perhaps this is on the cards too? I do hope so as it would be a terrible shame to see the demise of this long established British chocolate company that has adorned our high streets for such a long time.

Keep up to date on confectionery retailing news and issues at the Sweet Retailing website - this blog is not the half of it!

1 comment:

  1. Personally, I thoroughly enjoy the of Thornton lovely chocolate, but I am worried, they need to do more of some of their own image and their exclusive re-invent themselves. Nice blog, I like dear. Thanks!

    canadian franchises

    ReplyDelete