Thursday 8 December 2011

Chocolate Wine Sir?

Have you tried this year’s most novel wine yet? Chocolate Wine has been created by The Chocolate Shop and I understand it is available in Sainsbury’s and The Co-op.

Retailing at £8.99 a bottle and with an ABV of 12% this is a red wine that has been infused with dark chocolate. Are you pulling a face yet or thinking how great this sounds? I suspect that opinion will be split! 

Developed as a dessert wine for the festive season it can apparently be used in many recipes too. I think I am off to Sainsbury’s this weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I just had my first Chocovine this past weekend. I liked it a lot, and so did about 4 of 5 others at the dinner. It had more of a alcohol bite than I expected, but not to an unpleasant level. Our bottle was 14% alcohol. You could just tell it had a bit of a kick. Chocolate Wine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed it! It's certainly an interesting use of chocolate - I wonder whether it will still be on the shelves in a year's time?

    ReplyDelete